Annually, in cooperation with the Town of North Brookfield, residents can dispose of hazardous household materials, free of charge for up to 10 gallons of material at the permanent collection site housed at the North Brookfield Transfer Station on East Brookfield Road, North Brookfield. The Hazardous Waste Collection is scheduled for the last Saturday in September (9/23/17).
Acceptable items include:
- Oil based paints, stains, and thinners. NO LATEX BASED PRODUCTS accepted since these are non-toxic. Please see the “paint disposal” link on this site for Latex paint disposal advice.
- Household cleaning products
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Photo chemicals
- Old and/or mixed gasoline or fuels
- Liquid mercury. Extreme caution should be taken to ensure mercury is sealed in its container. Mercury is highly toxic and spillage should be avoided at all costs!
If in doubt, bring the material in to have an assessment done on acceptability on-site. Items should be in original containers, labels attached whenever possible.
No motor oils, fire extinguishers, nuclear or medical wastes are accepted. No otherwise recyclable items accepted at the hazardous waste collection.
NEW 2017 FEE SCHEDULE
E.B. RESIDENTS - UP TO 10 GALLONS = FREE
10 TO 24 GALLONS = $30.00
25+ GALLONS/25 POUNDS = $50.00
TO BE PAID ON SITE BY CASH OR CHECK
- 2016 RECYCLING/TRASH CALENDAR
- 2017 NEW BULK WASTE POLICY
- 2017 RECYCLE/TRASH CALENDAR
- BEYOND THE BIN DIRECTORY
- Curbside Pickup
- EAST BROOKFIELD RECYCLE CENTER INFORMATION
- Food Composting - Facts, Haulers, Processors
- HOUSE HOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DAY
- Hazardous Materials
- MASS DEP'S BEYOND THE BIN RECYCLING DIRECTORY
- Massachusetts Waste Bans
- Solid Waste Disposal Information