Welcome to the Town of East
Brookfield's Official Website
intent of this web site is to provide our residents, schools, businesses
and visitors a ready reference source of information about our town,
our town government, points of interests and activities.
East Brookfield is a relatively small community located on Route
9, approximately 15 miles west of Worcester and 35 miles east of
Springfield. The center of town is built on picturesque Lake Lashaway.
Incorporated in 1920, East Brookfield is nicknamed "The Baby
Town of the Commonwealth”, as it is Massachusetts' youngest
community. Primarily a bedroom community today, East Brookfield
offers a friendly, safe, close-knit environment with strong family
and civic values. Largely residential, our town is made up mainly
of New England style, single-family homes - some with historic significance
- and boasts a diverse collection of small businesses and family
Please take a moment to tour this web site to gain a full understanding
of our history and culture. Make sure you visit this site frequently
as it contains valuable information on all meetings, services and
activities. The site is updated regularly.
- Special Town Meeting set for Monday Dec. 16 at 7:30pm at the Memorial Town Complex. The Town Meeting is needed to vote the Regional School Budget as set by the State. There are other articles on the Warrant as well, click here to view the Warrant.
Join the Pride Committee For Some Family Fun
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Saturday December 7th
East Brookfield Complex, Connie Mack Drive
Sing Christmas Carols,
Hot Chocolate & Cookies
Tell Santa what you want for Christmas
New this year: Bake sale
(money to support future decorations)
Sponsored by: EB FLATTS
- The State has set the Regional School Budget at $23,451,588 which is $579,970 less that the last budget approved by the school committee of $24,031,558, and $120,000 more than the amount voters from the two district towns approved at a regional meeting in October, this will not require the approval of a Proposition 2 ½ Over-ride for the Town of East Brookfield.
While there will still be some reductions to the Town Operating Budget, these cuts will not result in any reduction in the services the Town provides to its residents.
The Board of Selectmen would like to thank all of the people who have given their time, knowledge, and assistance in helping us with this issue.
- Public Disclosure of Tax Valuation:
The East Brookfield Board of Assessors have completed and received preliminary certification of new property values for Fiscal Year 2014. New values are based on East Brookfield property sales from calendar years 2011 and 2012. The Board of Assessors will hold a public disclosure period from Monday, October 14, 2013 to Monday, October 28, 2013. The new values will be available for public inspection on the Town’s website (Assessors page), in the Assessor’s office Monday through Thursday 8:30a to 2:30p or at the Library on Monday from 2:00p to 8:00p, Tuesday & Thursday 9:30a to 12:30p and 1:30p to 5:30p, Wednesday 1:30p to 5:30p and Saturday from 9:00a to 1:00p.
The Assessor’s office and the Library are located in the Memorial Town Complex at 122 Connie Mack Drive in East Brookfield. Taxpayers may direct questions and/or concerns to the Assessors at 508.867.6769 x302 by Monday, October 28, 2013 at 2:30p.
- Important Solid Waste Notice: Trash, weekly on Thursdays beginning by 7:00am. NEW HOLIDAY PICKUP SCHEDULE: The only weeks when pickup will be delayed to Friday are the weeks when the following holidays fall on a WEEK DAY: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas. If a Holiday falls on a weekend, regular pickup will be Thursday of that week. Click here for 2013 Calendar. Stickers for Recycle Center use is now required. One recycle sticker was enclosed in the last Solid Waste bill.
For more information, call the Solid Waste Department @ (508) 867-6769 Ext. 311.
- Thinking about what you can do to help the town? Is there something you are interested in? Maybe you can put your skills to work in a way that will benefit the town. There are many committees in town where you can apply your skills or desires and the only skill you need is the desire to make a difference. Call the Selectmen if you are interested in helping in some way. Volunteering is very gratifying.
- Taxpayers will now be able to pay Real
Estate, Personal Property, Motor Vehicle
excise tax, Solid Waste and Water bills through unipay on the upcoming taxes. Click Here to go to unipay.
- Official East Brookfield Town Facebook page. "Like us" to receive town-wide facebook updates on events and notices.
- Charter Local
Access channels are operational for East Brookfield. Channels
12 and 13 are showing the Spencer Cable Access programming and
Channel 11 has the East Brookfield Bulletin Board. For more information
contact Selectman, click
- East Brookfield
Public Library Offers Computer Technology: Word Processing, Internet
Access, WiFi (connect to the internet using your own laptop!).
Check out our webpage: www.eastbrookfieldma.us/library.htm
and our website at www.eastbrookfieldlibrary.org
Master Plan in PDF format - Click for Download Page
- The Town
Offices, the Library and the Police Department are located in
the Memorial Town Complex (The Old Memorial School)
on Connie Mack Drive. The Town Offices may be accessed through
the rear entrance, the Library thru the front entrance and the
Police thru the side entrance.
Do I Contact the Committee Regarding the Website?